The Plotters by Korean novelist Un-su kim is a new Korean thriller novel coming soon to Amazon in January 2019.
It’s part of the new wave of Korean thrillers that the Guardian says might be “the next big thing”.
Korean novels that are translated tend to be more literary in nature and so the thriller genre is underrepresented. But this new push might see more Korean thrillers being translated in the future.
In particular, You Jeong Jeong’s The Good Son novel has had raving reviews on the Good Reads App. This may show a positive direction for new translations.
Check out The Guardian’s article here:
Un-su kim also has two other novels out called “Hot Blooded” and “The Cabinet”.
Have you pre-ordered Un-Su Kim’s The Plotters yet? Or are you waiting for it to release and then read it?
Similar posts you may enjoy:
- The 78+ Best Romance Books for Adults – Ultimate Guide
- N.K. Jemisin’s The Fifth Season – #NowReading #SciFi #HugoAward #NebulaAward
- My Reading WishList
- Min Jin Lee’s Pachinko novel – #BookReview #KoreanLit #HistoricalFiction
- The Kinship of Secrets by Eugenia Kim – #BookPreview #KoreanLit #HistoricalFiction
- The Gapcai Effect by W.S. Jenkins – #BookReview
- The Impossible Fairytale by Han Yujoo – #BookReview
- Prey by Michael Crichton (A Book Review)
- Why I Love Reading Books
What do you think of the new wave of Korean thrillers being released?
Let me know below in the comment section.
Join over 5,000+ other subscribers that receive our weekly newsletter!
It's filled with the world's most interesting destinations, immersive cultural journeys, and inspiring literary adventures!